DSTV Remote Control - Buttons Not Working

Anybody having problems with their DSTV remote control i.e. certain buttons are not working? Well I've got a simple solution.

My decoder and remote is quite old now and I occasionally had a problem with my Exit button on my remote. It was quite annoying when looking at the info on a program and then not being able to get rid of that pop up information.

I searched online and a new one was going to set me back a hundred bucks. There was no way I was going to do that. So I decided to strip my remote to see what the problem was.

Once stripped I noticed that their was a lot of oil build up behind the contacts, use a tissue paper to clean this up. Find the Exit button contact on the under side of the keypad, you will notice that there is a slight bit of wear in that area. Clean it up with the tissue paper and then gets a tiny piece of foil from your kitchen and cut it up so that it just makes it to wrap around the Exit button contact. Re-assemble your DSTV remote, pop in your batteries and you should be good to go. This is guaranteed to work saving you R100.

1 Comments

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post