FNB Connect Surf

I've been using FNBs Connect Surf for two weeks now on my cellphone and I'm going to tell you a bit about how it works.

I am an MTN contract subscriber and I found that it was a bit difficult to keep good control over my 3g data usage. Sure you can load data monitors to track how much you are using but is it real control or just a monitoring service.

FNB has come up with a fantastic solution to this problem, Pay As You Go data for contract subscribers in the form of FNB Connect Surf. How it works is you have to register for FNB Connect first, then activate your sim card for the Surf service. You then load the FNB Connect Surf APN settings on your phone and switch your data settings to the new APN. Once this is done you can top up your Surf account with airtime and start browsing on your phone.

Depending on you bank account status you get specials on data cost, I get 30c per mb for the first 50mb and thereafter 59c per mb. It works out pretty decent if you look at how much control you can have over your data cost.

In the future I would like to see FNB include data bundles in their price plans, this will surely sweeten up the deal.

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post