Axxess 3G Mobile Data

Okay, as you might know by now I'm always looking for cheap internet connectivity. Previously I posted an article on Afrihost, who where giving out amazing data deals that run over the MTN network. MTN recently took some interest in them and bought out a big chunk of the company, and I'm not implying anything here but, shortly after that the amazing deals from Afrihost came to an end.


So I was on the hunt again and came across Axxess, very similar to what Afrihost was offering but coming in just a tad bit cheaper. It's seems that they are running on the same technology i.e. they are piggy backing on the MTN network and you are able to load your Axxess APN onto your MTN contract sim card.

You also get a simple but efficient control panel that you can load as an app on your Apple or Android device, giving you access to your usage 24/7 and also giving you the ability to top up your account at any time. Another plus, and I do believe that this will seal the deal, is the 3 months rollover i.e. is you have not finished your data in the current month it will rollover to the next and if still not used it will expire after the 3rd month.

The sign up was simple and quick, I registered on the website, www.axxess.co.za, and loaded my credit card details, the next day my APN was ready to use, I had an issue with provisioning my sim card due to it being provisioned with Afrihost, but if it wasn't for that I would have been up and running on the same day.


So far the 3G service has been reliable with the APN not going dead as what used to occasionally happen with Afrihost. Top ups are immediate within the Axxess app and the online control panel. To all MTN contract customers out there this is a no brainer, if you have an MTN contract and you use data, you have to go with Axxess.

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post