Zapper App For Restaurants

I was super impressed recently when I took the family out for lunch at Gitano's at
The Pavilion shopping centre. We enjoyed our meal and it was time to call for the bill. Our waiter came by with it and I noticed that  there was a QR code on the bill. I asked the waiter about it and he gave me the run down on it.

Basically, by scanning the code using the free Zapper app you can instantly pay for your bill and get R25 off! So I gave it a shot, for R25 why not. I've got an android phone, so I went to the Play Store, searched for "Zapper App", installed it and went through the registration. The app asks for some of your details and you have to load a credit or debit card onto it. Once done, you are ready to pay. All this took me about 5 minutes to setup.

I scanned the code and the Zapper app picked up the details of my bill. It also gave me options to load on a tip for the waiter. It then gave me a total amount, and when ready I just confirmed the payment and it was all done. No need to sign anything, and the restaurant got notified of the payment immediately. No worries and no fuss. I would definitely like to see this in more places in South Africa, it just makes sense.

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post