Travel Log Book - SARS

Alot of you are probably trying to sort out your log book into the correct format for submitting your 2012 Sars returns. I've been using Excel to do my logbook for quite some time now, and the spreadsheet posted on this blog has helped me quite a bit.

The thing that gets you when doing your logbook is the calculations of the opening and closing mileages for each day. I've put together this spreadsheet to assist you with that calculation. You will only have to enter your opening mileage at the top of the sheet and thereafter just capture the business kms and the private kms (in red), and the formulars in the spreadsheet will calculate the closing mileage for that day and the opening mileage for the next day.

You will also have to capture your travel details manually and the actual fuel and mainance costs involved. I use my First Auto statement to populate this, I get the statement in electronic form and I use a vlookup formular to auto populate this info by matching up the date. So if you can get your fuel and maintance costs in an electronic form, such as excel, this will help you a lot.

Good luck here's the download: https://www.yousendit.com/download/QlVqa3NZWlRmVGFGa2NUQw


Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post