Cheap Wireless Internet For Home

I've been really wanting to get wireless broadband internet at home for quite some time now and didn't want to go the Telkom route due to the cost of it all. I did some research over the past year and decided on the best solution to the problem.

I decided to go th 3g route. But again I didn't want to be tied down to az 24 month contract due to the price wars on 3g data... it is literally getting cheaper every month or two. So I decided to invest in some hardware first and being the penny pincher that I am I waited for the items to go on sale and then went for it.

First I got myself a ZyXel wireless 3g router for R499, then I used an old 3g modem that I hooked up to the router and then I started to shop around for service providers that will offer me the best rate and also the best speed in my area (Westville). After testing with all providers I finally settled with MTN.

I used it for about three months and then 8ta showed up. They came out with a prepaid offer of 3gb for R149. I immediately went out an purchased a sim card and proceeded to test out the speed and it was fantastic. I loaded the required airtime and converted it to the 3gb data. I am still using 8ta at the moment but I am constantly looking out for a better deal. If something comes up I will post an update. Happy surfing guys :)

1 Comments

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post